Morning to all Bootcampers, Gym buddies and Internet Followers,
Today is a bit of a testament to one of our many bootcampers who initially done very well with us. For client confidentiality reasons today we’ll be changing her name to Dawn.
In her first month of June Dawn achieved all of the following feats and was pleased with her success:
Dawn’s Mighty Achievements:
Bodyfat % Down: Lost 1%
Weight Down: Lost 8.4 lbs weight
BMI Down: 1.3
Body Inches Lost: 3 Inches
For Dawn the most important feat was the weight-loss of 8.4 which was way quicker than was set by her Sidcup Personal Trainer Andy.
Andy congratulated Dawn of course but quietly worried about what may be coming around the corner.
2 Weeks went by and Dawn worked hard at her Sidcup bootcamp sessions. Andy noticed that Dawn was becoming frustrated and a bit emotional and less likely to get straight into the exercises.
Was she becoming complacent???? NO
Did she think she didn’t have to work anymore and just turn-up and pick up inch-busting results? NO
An upset Dawn eventually revealed to Andy that she was now not seeing anymore weight-loss results and that it was driving her to making the wrong decisions……Blowing out at a music festival and not eating right etc…..
In fact further investigation by Andy revealed that she probably wasn’t getting enough food and balance in the first month and she had actually LOST TOO MUCH MUSCLE. Her body was liturally eating it’s own muscle as well as a eating a similar amount of fat first month and therefore was crashing her metabolism:
The reasons for this were quite clear to Andy:
1) Dawn had mostly ate healthy foods in month 1 but had failed to place the right types of foods together
2) She actually was still not getting enough calories in (probably 200-500 cals short each day) which made her body retain fat and burn muscle.
3) She was still at times going too long without getting food in due to adjusting to her new nutritional regime which Andy hoped would eventually become her new lifestyle.
To Dawn, it didn’t seem to make sense that she could eat plenty of tasty food (real food), be full up right throughout the day and eat every 2-3 waking hours.
Dawn was simply used to avoiding food all morning (or eating like a pauper) and starting to eat like a ravenous bear at lunch followed quickly by filth laden treats due to her not managing her cravings.
Andy advised that over the next few days Dawn should:
1) Get more balance into each meal and snack
2) Eat a meal or snack at least every 2-3 hours
3) Aim to be close to her calorie limit set for fat-loss, which for her stats and activity level was 1600 daily calories:
4) Send him an email with a couple of days nutrition just to make sure wasn’t making any common little mistakes.
Andy then decided to help Dawn by sending her a way to eat that would suit her and most people looking for energy balance. Andy requested that Dawn took instant action and email him a couple of typical days nutrition.
Andy sent her this reply email below hoping that she’d see what he saw (inluding Dawn’s foods):
Lunch: 1 tin of Tuna and salad, lettuce cucumber tomatoe and peppers
If you’d like to hear how things turn out for Dawn, please join disqus and make a comment below….. We need a minimum of 5 comments and we’ll let you know what happened next.
If you would like some help take a look at what Andy and his team of Sidcup Personal Trainers have done for your friends and neighbours here.
Feel free to share this with friends i hope this helps inspire many to start on the path to being happier with their body.